Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Absence on the Extraterrestrial Highway


Rachel, NV - Extraterrestrial Highway - Area 51

I had an absence seizure last Friday, October 11th, at the Black Mailbox on the Extraterrestrial Highway near Rachel, Nevada. The Black Mailbox is famous for being near the front entrance roadway of Area 51. It is a spot where many tourists gather to look for UFOs.

I was not abducted by aliens. 

I was, however, momentarily abducted by my brain.  

I had just been handed a camera from a German couple who were on their anniversary. I offered to take their picture at the Black Mailbox.

And then I was on the ground. Fuc...k. Confusion; the sting of a twisted ankle and scraped knee. Oh, good, no broken cameras. 

I handed the German tourists' camera off to someone else.


Give me a minute.


Ankle. Twisted. Need to dust the dirt off of my clothes.


Are you ok? Are you ok?

Ok.

To an outside observer it appeared as though I had tripped over something. A small rock perhaps? I didn't trip though. Had I tripped my body's instinct would had been to brace for impact, for my hands to reach out. I was standing and then I was on the ground. No in between. Standing. Ground. 

Five minutes later I was fine - twisted, dusty and bruised but fine.

I have been fine since. 

This is day five without a seizure. Five whole days. Five. 

The prior week I had Simple and Complex seizures on Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday. Maybe the medicine is working. 

Maybe this is not reality. My body is lying silently on an alien exam table; I am zipping through space and I am dreaming... 

*/
RQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!