Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dancing to Bread Pudding

Hey Diary, it's me, RQ. I'm just checking in real quick. It's been 40 hours since I started my increased dosage of Keppra. It is 8:30 AM and I am making bread pudding and blasting music in my office. I have work to do today.

If not for a kind soul named Annie, I would be doing none of this today. It is more likely that I would be curled up on the floor somewhere in the house contorted and making weird crying sounds while snot drips down my face.  That was typical. That was my new normal.

Today though, oh, hold up, the bread pudding is done, BRB...

Today I am fully functioning. I have paid projects to work on all day. I can do that because somebody cared, because somebody helped.

I do not want to start crying again about how happy I am to feel alive.

We need to care more about others. Caring changes lives. Caring saves lives.

Pay it forward today. Do something simple and kind for someone today because we are all in this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!