Friday, September 13, 2013

Friggatriskaidekaphobia

Happy Friday the 13th!

Some of my fondest memories are from Friday the 13ths. The day we moved into a new house. The day my brother wrote FUCK in the neighbors wet driveway cement. The day my local Payless Shoes store manager called ME on the phone one boring afternoon in 1981 to tell me I had won FREE shoes for my amazing coloring contest entry! Yessss! I rocked that clown coloring page. I tossed and turned all night thinking about my shoe prize.

Frig. I did not fall asleep until 3:00 AM last night.  Same story. Different day. I take Keppra in the morning and six or so hours later I begin to feel the stab of pain in my right temporal lobe; I feel the cold slowly crawl down my limbs. I wait at least eight hours until I take the next dose. On a good day I will only have multiple Simple Partial Seizures (SPS) between doses. I do not keep track of every SPS but try to track every Complex Partial seizure.

Suck it September.
September has not been a good month. I have had Complex Partial Seizures and Tonic Seizures almost every day. Complex Partial Seizures are freaky because I do not remember moments of time, I feel them creep up and garble my ability to communicate - sometimes I become highly irritable and communicate irrationally - sometimes I just stare bug-eyed into space and become non-responsive. Tonic seizures are weird because although I maintain conscious ability my body becomes contorted. I like to imagine that I curl up coolfully though - striking Count Orlok's Nosferatu poses like good ol' Max Schreck circa 1922.

*/

Read more from RQ at www.seizethediary.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!