Friday, February 12, 2016

Secret Depression Diary Archive - Rant Rant Rant

It'll reach 104 in my part of AZ today. The air conditioner is holding up and I am fine. Rant ahead. I am still waiting on Copaxone which is now "being processed" by the wrong pharmacy in the wrong town and will eventually be delivered to me. I guess. Insert giant comical question mark. I have no idea what is going on. The current pharmacy refuses to transfer the Copaxone Rx and claims they've already sent the script to their specialty pharmacy yesterday. This was the first contact I had with Pharmacy-i-didn't-want. Can I transfer the script next month? To my pharmacy? Nobody knows. I'd really rather go to my nice pharmacy 2 minutes from my house than wonder if a pharmacy an hour away can ship meds to me. Every freaking time I go to the Neurologist I have to specify MY PHARMACY. 80% of the time they eventually send to my pharmacy and not some freaking town an hour away that is almost always one degree off in temperature from Death Valley. I despise failure that I have no control over. This is the little stuff that chops away at me. My preauth was not done for weeks ( why do I have to call and follow up on this stuff daily?), medication not ordered equals a dozen more calls, my insurance is always an hour plus call and everything goes in circles for hours and hours only to be repeated the next business day. It's not as bad as the 3 hours spent being hung up on and yelled at repeatedly by strangers on fuzzed out phones who my insurance contracted for transportation. After many voices and many hang ups, finally, someone said no problem we can handle your medical transportation arrangements. You should have arranged your appointment at a better time though for us. Pardon? There was a six month wait for that appointment. I was offered an 11PM bus on Greyhound with 6 hour ride, appointment not until the next afternoon and bus back following night at 11 PM. I was trying to wrap my head around how it would all be ok and I still wasn't sure how I'd get to my appointment, cab from bus depot to big hospital complex I don't know. I could do that if I felt good but I was in the middle of an exacerbation and damn, you know, it's like the walls are caving in all around. I never made it to the appointment. I hung up the phone and cried for three hours instead. It didn't matter. A few more tests and my Neuro had a diagnosis to work with. posted 8 months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!