Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Secret Depression Diary Archive - Zero Fax Given? Part 3

My appointment sucked. The Neuro spent a whole lot of time trying to make excuses for the staff. "The prescriptions take a long time to fill because the insurance companies..." I cut her off. "No, your office is incapable of sending paperwork in a timely manner. I go round and round talking to your office, my insurance, my pharmacy, etc. I do know who has or has not received what.""We had a girl quit and everything blew up..." I don't care. Seriously. I don't at this point. It's a ridiculous excuse to use when you are denying patients basic care. I was then asked why I didn't start my Copaxone until July. "Because you can't fax." I explained this "not giving a fax" issue all over again.So how did things go with Shared Solutions? "It didn't. No fax." Any issues with the injections? "Not other than turning this into a DIY project, no.""Ok, so your blood-work looks great on the Copaxone and your MRIs are stable and why did you want your medical records?"Seriously. Now the Neuro was asking WHY I wanted my records. Also, I had NOT started the Copaxone before the last labs and MRIs. (After my appointment I looked at my labs, there were some numbers out of range, this was never mentioned. I'm not sure if the Neuro looked at my labs and MRI reports at all. Normally I review all of this info prior to appointments. Gah.)"I want to go to a therapist. Ok?"The Neuro made a weird face and asked 'Why?'.Why? I had to explain WHY someone with MS might want to see a therapist?We went over what prescriptions I need refilled and she checked my reflexes.
The appointment was over.I went to the appointment desk. I was handed my written prescriptions, given my October appointment date and told 'bye' with a finger-point to the door. "Ok, wait. Let me double check this. There's a prescription missing. Was it faxed to the pharmacy? I know that one doesn't have to be written."I wait at the desk 15 more minutes. "Oopsie, the neurologist forgot that one. Here ya go, I had her print it!"I walked out the door, around the building and back into the front door. "Excuse me, do you have my medical records ready?"Everyone at the front desk looked away. A staff member I normally don't see rushed up to me with an orange envelope.I said thank you. written 7 months ago by RQ in her secret diary

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!